Glasgow & West Scotland

Carbon monoxide scare at flats in Pollokshields

Fire crews at the scene
Image caption Fire crews evacuated flats from two closes in the Barrland Street flats

A carbon monoxide scare at a block of flats in Glasgow's south side has been traced to a contractor's generator.

Firefighters were called to the five-storey block, in Barrland Street, on the edge of Pollokshields, at 14:25 on Thursday, after alarms were activated.

Crews in breathing apparatus cleared a large number of flats. No-one was reported injured.

Atmospheric tests by a hazardous materials officer and a scientific advisor later identified the cause.

The fire service said three appliances and an environmental protection unit had been deployed to the scene.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites