Glasgow & West Scotland

Man treated for smoke inhalation after Glasgow flat fire

An elderly man has been treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a flat in Glasgow.

Fire crews were called to the tenement block in Clarkston Road shortly after 20:00 on Thursday.

Flats in the block were evacuated while the blaze was put out and the elderly man was taken to the city's Southern General Hospital for treatment.

The Scottish Fire Service said residents were able to return to their homes shortly after 01:00 on Friday.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites