Glasgow-Liverpool multi-million pound drug gang jailed
- 20 May 2013
- From the section Glasgow & West Scotland
Eight members of a Liverpool-based drugs gang have been jailed for supplying tens of millions of pounds worth of cocaine and heroin to Glasgow.
The seven men from Scotland, and one from Liverpool, were among 30 arrested by police tackling organised crime.
They were given sentences ranging from six years and six months to more than 12 years at Liverpool Crown Court.
Police estimate the gang trafficked drugs with an estimated street value of between £100m and £200m.
The gang members who were sentenced on Monday were:
- Thomas Wallace, 45, from Greenock, Inverclyde - jailed for 12 years and eight months
- Martin Feeley, 28, from Glasgow - jailed for 11 years and four months
- Michael Cook, 28, from Glasgow - jailed for seven years and six months
- John O'Donnell, 25, from Greenock - jailed for six years and eight months
- Paul Cochrane, 25, from Glasgow - jailed for six years and eight months
- Terence Mooney, 58, from Greenock - jailed for eight years
- Gary Curran, 45, from Glasgow - jailed for seven years and four months
- John Bowles, 69, from Liverpool - jailed for six years and six months
Titan, which is the regional organised crime unit in north-west England, said its intelligence suggested there were at least 111 trips to Scotland.
Det Supt Jason Hudson, head of operations at Titan, said the sentences sent out a clear warning that trade in class A drugs would not be tolerated.
"This gang flooded the streets of Glasgow and other towns in west Scotland with highly-addictive class A drugs, causing untold damage in those communities," he said.
"The hierarchy of the gang enjoyed the profits from a business that made between £100m and £200m, whereas the lower tier members couriered and stored the drugs simply to pay off debts or scrape a dishonest living.
"Regardless of their level of involvement, every single one of this gang is now facing a substantial amount of time behind bars, their liberty stripped away thanks to Titan's successful investigation."