Glasgow & West Scotland

Police say 'no evidence' of boy attack in Glasgow KFC

A probe into claims of "inappropriate contact" against a boy in a Glasgow KFC restaurant has so far found no evidence of criminality, police have said.

It has been reported that the seven-year-old boy's mother raised the alarm after an alleged incident in the KFC in Renfield Street on Tuesday night.

The child is said to be safe and well.

Police Scotland said inquiries were still ongoing and that CCTV footage from the area was being reviewed to find out what happened.

Det Insp James McEnaney said: "Around 19:10 hours on Tuesday 30 July 2013, police were called to a report that a seven-year-old boy had been a victim of inappropriate contact within KFC, Renfield Street, Glasgow.

'Extensive inquiries'

"Extensive inquiries are continuing to establish the exact circumstances surrounding this incident, including viewing CCTV footage.

"However, at this time our investigation has uncovered no evidence that any criminality has taken place."

A spokesman for KFC said: "We were shocked to hear of this allegation, which does not relate to anybody connected to KFC.

"We are helping police with their inquiries and as the investigation is ongoing, we cannot comment further at this time."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites