Glasgow & West Scotland

Two people rescued after chip pan fire in north Glasgow

Two people have been rescued from a flat in the Springburn area of Glasgow after a chip pan caught fire.

Emergency services were called to the flat in Burnbrae Street shortly after 10:15 on Wednesday.

Two firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, extinguished the fire and led a man and woman to safety.

Both residents were treated at the scene by paramedics for the effects of smoke inhalation before being taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites