Three people hurt in tower block fire in Whitlawburn
Three people have been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire in a bin chute of a tower block in Whitlawburn, South Lanarkshire.
Fire crews were called to the blaze at Bute Tower, on Clifton Terrace, near Cambuslang, at about 21:00 on Saturday.
They used a high pressure water jet to extinguish the fire and a ventilation fan to clear smoke from the building.
Two women and a man were treated for the effects of smoke inhalation at Hairmyres Hospital in East Kilbride.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious.