Glasgow & West Scotland

Man rescued after fire breaks out in flat in Saltcoats

A man has been rescued by firefighters after an early morning blaze at a flat in North Ayrshire.

Emergency services were called to the property in Caledonia Road in Saltcoats shortly after 06:00 on Wednesday,

Firefighters led the man to safety before he and two women were checked by paramedics. One of the women was taken to hospital to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.

The fire service said the blaze broke out near the fridge.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites