Four people rescued after 'deliberate fire' in Blantyre
Four people have been rescued from a fire at a block of flats in South Lanarkshire which is believed to have been started deliberately.
Emergency services were called to the three-storey block in Camelon Crescent, Blantyre, at about 22:55 on Tuesday.
Three men and a woman were led to safety and later treated in hospital for the effects of smoke inhalation.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze may have started in a television that was left on a landing.
Watch manager Jim Clark, the incident commander, said: "The fire involved a television that had been left on a landing and it produced a large amount of smoke that travelled throughout the close.
"Our crews quickly extinguished it using a single jet and they led three men and a woman to safety.
"We provided them with oxygen therapy as they appeared to be suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke. Ambulances attended and after an assessment from paramedics the casualties were taken for check-ups at Hairmyres Hospital."
The fire service said the blaze was thought to have been started deliberately and a joint investigation was under way with Police Scotland.