Schools evacuated after hoax threats
A number of schools across Scotland were evacuated after telephone threats on Tuesday.
Police Scotland said the warnings were "not credible" but pupils were moved out of several schools for a time while checks were carried out
Schools across Scotland - from Dumfries and Galloway, across the central belt and up to Perth - were affected.
Similar hoax calls have been made to schools in England and Northern Ireland in recent days.
Police said "significant inquiries" into the threats were under way.
Carluke Primary, and Canberra Primary in East Kilbride, were among the schools evacuated.
South Lanarkshire Council said pupils had been moved to other nearby schools.
Pupils and staff at Dunrobin Primary in Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, were also removed from classes but later returned.
A North Lanarkshire Council spokesman said: "Staff received a telephone call claiming there was an explosive device within the building and pupils were taken to the nearby community centre.
"Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and Police Scotland were quickly on the scene and carried out a site safety inspection. They gave the all-clear for staff and pupils to return to the building just after 10.30am."
Perth High School was also targeted by a call but was not evacuated on police advice.
Police also confirmed that Dumfries High School had also received a threat.
Dumfries and Galloway Council said the school had "robust procedures in place to assess risk".
"Police Scotland was informed immediately and attended the school," a statement said.
"Police Scotland and Dumfries and Galloway Council's education service have been aware of such threats as an emerging issue across the UK in recent weeks.
"There is nothing to indicate that this was a substantive threat and it was, therefore, important not to unnecessarily disrupt pupils' learning and teaching. Obviously, this matter will involve a significant investigation by Police Scotland."