Rangers vow action against guilty fans
Rangers have vowed to take action against any of the club's supporters found guilty of disorder at the Scottish Cup final.
But the club reiterated its belief that Hibernian fans were to blame for the chaotic scenes at Hampden Park on Saturday.
Thousands of Hibs fans swarmed onto the pitch after their side's 3-2 win.
Several Rangers players were targeted, and fights broke out as Rangers supporters also spilled onto the pitch.
Rangers issued a statement on Sunday night admitting a "tiny minority" of their fans had entered the playing surface but only to "protect our players and officials".
But the club's managing director, Stewart Robertson, said on Thursday morning that the club did not condone any fan that went onto the pitch.
'Provoked and goaded'
Speaking as he launched the Club 1872 supporters group, he added: "We don't condone violence and we will wait to see what comes out of the investigations. We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner.
"But we have to remember it was the Hibs fans who came over the wall. It was the Hibs fans who ran over the halfway line towards the Rangers fans. They provoked, they goaded, they taunted.
"In no shape or form do we condone any fan who came onto the pitch. But I don't think we can get away from the fact that it was Hibs fans who came onto the park and provoked them."
Hibs chairman Rod Petrie has promised to work with the authorities to ensure "those who have transgressed face the consequences of their actions".
Police Scotland - which has so far made more than a dozen arrests - has launched a criminal investigation into the scenes, while the Scottish Football Association (SFA) is also setting up an independent commission to examine the causes of the trouble.
But Rangers remain angry that the safety of their players and staff were put in jeopardy.
Mr Robertson said he hoped the inquiries being carried out could also help to pinpoint a solution that guaranteed there would be no repeat next season, when newly-promoted Rangers will be playing in the Scottish Premiership.
He added: "The scenes we saw afterwards were horrendous, disgraceful. For the Hibs fans to come over the wall the way they did and for the attacks on our players and staff to happen the way it did, that is something no-one should experience when they are at their work.
"So that has still left a bad taste in the mouth. Is there a concern this could happen again in future? I hope not, I really hope not.
"We've asked the SFA to set up an investigation and they have done very quickly. Police Scotland have set up their inquiries very quickly so we just have to wait and see what comes out of those investigations.
"Hopefully they will get to their conclusions within a short space of time. These inquiries need to look at ways of making sure they don't happen again.
"The Rangers fans have had a hard time over the last couple of years but I'd like to think that we will never see what we saw on Saturday happen again."