Legionella bacteria found at Highland school
Pupils at a West Highland school complex have been told to stay at home after legionella bacteria was found in the water system.
The problem at the new Kinlochleven High School was first detected on Tuesday and NHS Highland was called in.
Highland council said it had been advised that the health risks were low.
A spokesman for the council said it planned to re-open the school on 15 November after a disinfection process had taken place.
The bacteria was found in the schools hot and cold water systems.
The legionella bacteria can contaminate and grow in other water systems such as cooling towers and evaporative condensers.
It can survive low temperatures, but is killed by high temperatures.
The Kinlochleven school complex was opened in 2008 as one of 11 new establishments built under the Public Private Partnership programme.