Highlands & Islands

Fire crew tackles blaze in Inverness flat

Two people escaped from a flat uninjured after a fire broke out in the kitchen of the property in Inverness on Thursday night.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) was alerted to the blaze in Bruce Avenue at about 21:10.

A man and woman had got themselves out of the flat.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire and the SFRS said the incident was dealt with quickly.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites