Highlands & Islands

'Gas' incident Carrbridge Hotel served with notice

Police and fire at Carrbridge Hotel in Carrbridge
Image caption Police and firefighters at the scene of the incident last week

A hotel at the centre of a suspected carbon monoxide incident has been served with an enforcement notice.

Four guests of the Carrbridge Hotel, in Carrbridge, were taken to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness for treatment following the incident last week.

Highland Council said its notice required the hotel to suspend its use of a wood-fire boiler and also leave four bedrooms unoccupied.

The local authority said the hotel was fully co-operating.

The guests, two women and two men, were treated for the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning before being later released from hospital, the council said.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites