'Smoke in cockpit' report sparks Inverness Airport emergency
A full emergency was declared at Inverness Airport after smoke was reported in the cockpit of a small passenger jet.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 10:05 and two appliances from Inverness and one from Nairn were sent to assist airport firefighters.
SFRS said it received a report of smoke within the cockpit of the plane as it came in to land.
The incident was stood down by 11:00 and no-one was injured.
There were five people on board the privately-owned Citation 750.
SFRS said: "We received a call from police at 10:05 informing us that smoke had been reported within the cockpit of a private aircraft approaching Inverness.
"Two fire engines from Inverness were sent along with a third from Nairn. Our crews assisted their colleagues from the airport fire service in assessing the situation and ensuring the scene was made safe.
"No-on was hurt as a result of this incident and our crews left the scene shortly after 11:00."
Inverness Airport's owner, Highlands and Islands Airports Limited (Hial), said the incident had involved a "precautionary emergency mobilisation" of fire crews.
A spokesman for Hial said the pilot reported a suspected technical fault during pre-flight checks ahead of take-off.
The aircraft was able to return to its stand under its own power and the incident was over by 10:50 and emergency services were stood down, Hial said.
All five people on board the aircraft were reported to be safe and well, the spokesman said.