World's last ferry of its kind, Skye's Glenachulish, upgraded
The world's last sea-going, manually-operated, turntable ferry has undergone a major restoration programme.
Almost 50 years old, MV Glenachulish operates on the oldest crossing to Skye from the mainland.
Between April and October, the boat makes a short crossing of the Kylerhea Straits between Glenelg and Kylerhea on Skye.
The restoration work at Kishorn included replacing the original wheelhouse.
It has cost the boat's owner, Isle of Skye Ferry Community Interest Company, more than £80,000 to have the work carried out.
Glenachulish Preservation Trust provided £30,000 towards the cost and £5,500 was donated by supporters from all over the world in one week following a social media campaign.
The MV Glenachulish was built in Troon by the Ailsa Shipbuilding Company.
A car ferry has crossed the Kylerhea Straits since 1934, with the service being run by the Isle of Skye Ferry Community Interest Company since 2007.
The community-owned company was set up after long-time ferryman Roddy MacLeod retired.