NE Scotland, Orkney & Shetland

Major fire hits Chinese takeaway at Portlethen

Portlethen fire scene (Pic by Timothy Poole)
Image caption The fire broke out at China House in Portlethen

One man was hurt after a major blaze at a Chinese takeaway in Aberdeenshire.

The injured man was taken to hospital from China House in Portlethen after the fire shortly before 1200 BST on Friday.

Five units from Grampian Fire and Rescue Service were called out, as well as a specialist height vehicle. The roof collapsed as a result of the fire.

A fire brigade spokesman said the alarm was raised when smoke was seen coming from the premises.

The man taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary was believed to have escaped serious injury.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites