Aberdeen Market Street fire treated as suspicious
A serious flat fire which forced a busy Aberdeen city centre street to be closed is being treated as suspicious.
The emergency services were called to the scene at Market Street on Wednesday morning after reports of the fire in a top-floor flat.
A number of residents at the nearby Douglas Hotel were evacuated as a precaution, but no-one was injured.
Grampian Police and Grampian Fire and Rescue Service are treating it as wilful fire raising.
Three fire units, a height vehicle and crews in breathing apparatus tackled the blaze.
Police said the road was closed at the Douglas Hotel but later re-opened.