Fresh Aberdeen bypass challenge considered
The chairman of a group opposed to the construction of the Aberdeen bypass has said it was "moving towards" a fresh legal challenge.
An appeal at the Court of Session, which was recently rejected, delayed the construction of the £400m Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (AWPR).
Members of Road Sense met on Wednesday night to discuss their options
Chairman William Walton told BBC Scotland a further legal bid to stop the road was a real possibility.
He said: "The mood was positive.
"We have to take a decision formally next week, but I think at this stage we are moving towards a legal challenge.
"It's more than just a possibility."
The bypass was originally given the go-ahead by Scottish ministers in December 2009 following a lengthy public inquiry.
The campaigners had argued that the public inquiry into the AWPR had been flawed.
Lord Tyre earlier rejected the appeal on the grounds there had been sufficient opportunities before the hearing for public representations to be made.
Many business leaders in the area support the project.
Opponents criticise the cost and environmental impact of the plan, which is aimed at creating a fast link to the north, west and south of Aberdeen.