NE Scotland, Orkney & Shetland

Review after men face 'gas exposure' in Aberdeen

Procedures are to be reviewed after two workers were exposed to an unknown gas at a construction site in Aberdeen.

The men - who were agency staff working on behalf of Aberdeen City Council - were working at Seafood Park near the harbour.

It is understood they were working inside a building, opened a fridge full of rotten fish, and were exposed to a powerful-smelling gas.

Aberdeen City Council has ordered a health and safety review.

The men were taken to hospital but later released after the incident on 13 October.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites