NE Scotland, Orkney & Shetland

Choke death boy Louis Emaho's family 'devastated'

Louis Emaho
Image caption Louis Emaho died after apparently choking on a grape

The parents of a "wonderful" five-year-old boy who choked to death have spoken of their devastation.

Louis Emaho apparently choked on a grape at the Bettridge Centre in Newtonhill, Aberdeenshire, on Tuesday.

His parents, Ghoot Emaho and Pauline Adams, said: "Louis was a bright, happy and bubbly child who always had a smile on his face.

"We feel truly blessed to have known him and the love he brought to our lives will be remembered forever."

They added: "We are finding it very difficult to come to terms with the fact Louis is gone."

Louis had been rushed to Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital but he was declared dead soon after.

Local councillor Ian Mollison said: "Newtonhill is a close-knit community. This will hit everyone hard."

He told BBC Scotland: "It's devastating, it's unimaginable - every parent's nightmare."

A Grampian Police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding Louis' death and a full investigation would be carried out.

A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites