Ellon fire crew puts out blaze at own station
Firefighters returning from a call-out in north-east Scotland discovered smoke coming from the roof of their own fire station.
It is thought the small fire at Ellon fire station was sparked by work to re-tar the roof of the building.
The crew saw smoke billowing from the roof on their return to the station at 14:00.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said it took the crew less than five minutes to put it out.
Another crew was called out to the station as a precaution but the fire had been extinguished by the time they arrived.
Senior officer David Rout said: "As part of a refurbishment of all our stations in the north of Scotland, contractors were appointed to carry out repairs to the roof of our fire station at Ellon.
"A minor fire was inadvertently caused by these construction works at around 2pm earlier today. Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control and had it extinguished in under five minutes.
"Roof repairs were carried out and the incident has not affected our ability to serve the public. The local community should not be concerned."