Aberdeen International Youth Festival decision delayed until January
A decision on the future funding of the Aberdeen International Youth Festival (AIYF) has been put back until the new year after a council meeting overran.
BBC Scotland revealed last month that a decision to withdraw AIYF's 2018/19 budget was taken in a private session.
On Monday afternoon, councillors had started to debate whether the money should be invested instead to a cultural programme for children under the Year of Young People.
A decision will be taken next month.
The organisers of the festival, which receives more than £100,000 a year from the council, had earlier said they were set to revamp its business plan.
AIYF said in a statement other funding avenues would be considered for future years.
The annual event has been running since 1973 and has hosted an estimated 30,000 young people from around the world.