South Scotland

Crews deal with television fire in Borders

A woman has been treated for the effects of smoke after a television set caught on fire at her home in the Borders.

The 45-year-old was in the kitchen at the property in Montgomery Street in Innerleithen when the blaze began.

Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said the fire broke out in the living room shortly after 18:00.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus encountered severe smoke as they dealt with the incident.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites