South Scotland

Stow tent fume poisoning hiker making good recovery

A hiker from the Scottish Borders who was rescued from a hillside while unconscious is making a good recovery.

Phil Morgan, 49, from Stow, is believed to have been poisoned in his tent near Minch Moor by fumes from a gas stove or lamp almost a fortnight ago.

He remained in a critical condition in Borders General Hospital for more than a week but has now come out of his coma.

It is now hoped he will be able to go home in the next few days.

It had been feared possible carbon monoxide poisoning could have left him with brain damage.

However, he has shown great improvement in recent days.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites