South Scotland

Hawick Scotbet bookmakers shut in chemical incident

A bookmakers in the Borders has been sealed off after a suspected chemical incident.

Emergency services attended at the Scotbet premises in Silver Street, Hawick, shortly after 10:00.

One man, who was suffering from the effect of fumes coming from the cellar area, was treated at the scene.

Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said the premises had been sealed off and an investigation was under way.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites