Probe after cat poisoned with antifreeze in Alloa
Police are investigating after a cat was deliberately poisoned in Alloa.
A resident of Caledonian Road had noticed her cat acting strangely on 17 April. A vet discovered the cat was blind and its kidneys had shut down, and recommended it be put down.
When they got home to bury the cat, the owners found a plastic tub by their house containing what looked like fish and what appeared to be antifreeze.
The Scottish SPCA confirmed the cat had been poisoned, and are investigating.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "This clearly was a cruel and malicious act which caused real suffering to a well-loved family pet.
"As such if you have any information with regards to this or knowledge as to who may be responsible, please call Police Scotland."