Tayside and Central Scotland

Firefighters rescue woman from Sauchie house blaze

Firefighters had to use a ladder to rescue a woman from a blaze at a house in Sauchie in Clackmannanshire.

The incident began at 10:18 on Monday with fire crews from Alloa reaching the scene within five minutes.

The woman was rescued from the first floor window of the house in Gartmorn Road as firefighters put out the flames below.

The woman, who suffered smoke inhalation and burns to the hand, was taken to hospital for treatment.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman highlighted the importance of having working smoke detectors that are positioned properly.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites