Norovirus hits three hospital wards in Wrexham and Mold
Two wards are expected to remain closed to new admissions at Wrexham Maelor Hospital due to an outbreak of norovirus, the winter bug.
Health officials said it will be some days before the Cunliffe and Mason wards are declared free of the sickness virus with the last cases reported on Monday and Tuesday.
One ward at Mold Community Hospital closed last week due to an outbreak.
The highly contagious virus causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
The Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board said 13 patients and one member of staff had initially been affected at the Maelor hospital.
The symptoms begin about 12 to 48 hours after infection and usually last for between 12 and 60 hours.
The health board is urging anyone with symptoms to stay away from hospitals for at least 48 hours.
The closure of Mold hospital's Clwyd ward to new admissions on 29 December followed the reopening of the Delyn ward after it was affected by an outbreak before Christmas.