James Edwards 'troubled' by BBC show X-ray before suicide
A man was found dead in his car the day after his wife's business was shown on a BBC Wales consumer affairs programme, an inquest has heard.
James Alan Edwards, 57, from Ystradgynlais, Powys, died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Complaints about his wife Caroline's Swansea business La Belle Bridal Wear were featured on the programme X-ray.
Recording a verdict of suicide, coroner Mark Layton said it appeared the programme "deeply troubled" Mr Edwards.
In a statement read out at the Llanelli hearing, Mrs Edwards said her husband had threatened to kill himself shortly before the programme was broadcast.
It was shown on BBC1 Wales on Monday 10 October 2011.
Mrs Edwards reported her husband missing just after midnight on 11 October. A note indicating he may have intended to harm himself was found at their home.
His vehicle, a blue Nissan pickup, was found by Dyfed-Powys Police officers in a layby on Brynaman mountain at 21:55 that day.
Mr Edwards was declared dead at the scene.
Susie Phillips, series producer of X-ray, gave evidence at the hearing saying BBC editorial guidelines were followed in the making of the programme.
Recording his verdict, Mr Layton said: "It appears to me Mr Edwards was deeply troubled by the interest shown in his wife's affairs by the X-ray programme."
After the hearing, a BBC Wales spokesman said: "The programme solely concerned Mrs Edwards's bridal business, in which her husband played no part.
"However we acknowledge the coroner's comments, and would like to express our condolences to his family."