Two women hurt in Caernarfon campsite gas stove blast

Two women have been taken to hospital with facial burns after a gas cylinder exploded while they were cooking at a campsite at Nant Gwynant, Gwynedd.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called to the Llyn Gwynant site, Caernarfon, at 18:18 BST.

The pair were taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd hospital in Bangor. Their condition is not known.

The fire service has urged campers and caravanners to take care when using bottled gas.

Spokesman Gareth Griffiths, said: "Caravans and tents are potentially more hazardous than our homes as the inherent risks are magnified in confined spaces - so its important not to let your guard down and forget basic fire safety advice when on your holiday.

"Cooking inside a tent is not recommended.

"Even a fire-resistant tent may burn, and be particularly mindful of the risk of fire inside smaller tents with only one exit."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites