Roads affected by localised floods across Wales
- 19 December 2013
- From the section Wales
A number of roads are still affected after torrential rain and high winds battered Wales overnight.
Power has been restored to 900 homes in Neath Port Talbot and fallen cables have closed a road at Angelsey.
In the Gwent Police area, up to 4ft (1.2m) of water was reported on some roads while police across south and mid Wales reported hundreds of calls about flooding and fallen trees.
About a dozen flood alerts remain in place in around Wales.
Forecasters say strong winds will continue on Thursday along with wintry showers.
There are reports of roads affected at Ceredigion, Anglesey and Denbighshire by the heavy rain.
- There are reports of traffic problems in Rhosddu, Wrexham, with flood water blocking Stansty Road.
- The A497 at Boduan, near Pwllheli, Gwynedd, is closed after an accident in which a vehicle collided with a fallen tree which has blocked the road.
- The A4080 at Brynsiencyn on Anglesey has been closed due to fallen power cables.
- There are warnings of flood water on the Nant y Garth Pass, near Llandegla, Denbighshire.
- In Ceredigion, the A485 has been blocked between B4575 (Llanilar) and B4578 (Blaenpennal), affecting traffic between Llanfarian and Tregaron.
- In Caerphilly, workmen have been carrying out emergency repairs on the A472 road between Gelligroes roundabout and B4251 Pentwyn-Mawr roundabout at Blackwood.
- A tree fell on a vehicle at Llanddowror and Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue sent crews from Whitland and Carmarthen to help.