Media playback is unsupported on your device

Hero dog saves owner from choking on sweet

18 March 2014 Last updated at 15:02 GMT

A Carmarthenshire woman was saved from choking on a sweet by her pet dog.

Rachel Hayes, from Drefach Felindre, said her pet springer spaniel Mollypops (pictured) "bashed" her in the back until the sweet came up.

The 40-year-old rewarded the dog with a squeaky chicken and some doggy treats.

She told BBC Radio 5 live's Drive: "I'm living alone so there's nobody that could help me... it was only thanks to Mollypops I'm here to tell the story."

Correction (31 March 2014): An earlier version of this report contained the phrase "Heimlich manoeuvre" which was inaccurate and should not have been used in this context.

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.