Mid Wales

House explosion in Beulah, Ceredigion caused by gas leak

An explosion that destroyed a house in a Ceredigion village was caused by a suspected gas leak, according to a fire service investigation.

Fire crews were called to the detached home in Beulah on Saturday at 21:00 BST.

Nobody was hurt and it is understood the owners were away but shocked neighbours said the blast was like a "bomb going off".

The Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service investigation is continuing.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites