RSPCA investigates suspected Llanidloes cat poisonings
The RSPCA is urging cat owners to be vigilant after suspected cat poisoning deaths in Powys.
A two-year-old black and white cat named Patch died following a suspected poisoning in Bro Dulas, Llanidloes.
Two other cats in the area were also put to sleep after they became unwell.
RSPCA chief inspector Phil Lewis said: "We don't know whether these incidents were accidental or deliberate or who may have done it."
Patch's owner said: "I am just so angry and devastated. Patch was such a quiet and loving cat."
Mr Lewis added: "We're calling on all cat owners in the Llanidloes area to be vigilant and to take their cat to a vet straight away if they suspect they have been poisoned."
Potential signs of poisoning could include vomiting, difficulty breathing, increased thirst, and appearing to be be sleepy and uncoordinated.