North East Wales

Hawarden care home evacuated after blaze

Twenty five people living at a residential care home in Hawarden in Flintshire were led to safety after a fire broke out in a store room.

The blaze at the Aston Hall Care Home started at about 1500 GMT on Saturday in a store room on the first floor.

Firefighters from Deeside and Buckley fought the blaze. No-one was injured.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was caused by an electrical fault, and damage was confined to the store room.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites