North East Wales

Gronant family escape early morning blaze

A family have escaped from an early morning fire at their house in Flintshire.

Firefighters were called to the blaze at a property in Gronant near Prestatyn at 0230 BST.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said a smoke alarm woke family members and one had to be treated for the affects of smoke inhalation.

Unattended cooking is being blamed for the fire, which damaged the kitchen and downstairs area.

Crews used breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera to check the house and extinguish the fire.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites