Corwen pavilion demolition set to go ahead again
Denbighshire council says it hopes to start demolition work soon on a community centre that residents have been fighting to save.
Supporters of Corwen Pavilion won a temporary court injunction in April to stop the planned demolition.
The council said the building was no longer financially viable to repair but agreed to be bound by the court order.
Opponents were asked to submit revised proposals but the council said Wednesday's deadline has now passed.
Earlier this month campaigners said an independent surveyor had costed repairs at £66,000, rather than the £2 to £3m Denbighshire said it would cost to rebuild the centre.
In a statement the council said campaigners had "failed to provide information that was specifically requested by the court".
It said a further extension was granted by the court to allow the group to present their costs and also provide other details to support their challenge.
"The deadline of Wednesday 6 July has now passed and although the group provided some costings they did not include in their report any sums to meet statutory requirements relating to health and safety and building regulations.
"This gives a false impression that the building could be re-opened for as little as £66,000.
"The council is in the process of applying to the court for a declaration that it can now proceed with plans to demolish the building."
A representative from the Friends of the Pavilion said he did not want to comment about the latest development until taking legal advice.
The pavilion closed in March 2010 due to health and safety concerns.
Since then, the council says officers helped form a working group to create a charitable company to have the flattened land transferred to them, and help them obtain funding to build a new pavilion.
But in April, the Friends of the Pavilion obtained a temporary injunction restraining the council from "demolishing, damaging, deconstructing or otherwise degrading Corwen Pavilion".
Denbighshire agreed not to begin demolition until the group's own structural engineer could assess the pavilion and provide the council with costs associated with refurbishment.
It now says the group has "failed to comply with the undertakings of the injunction and provide the appropriate information and subsequently the injunction was dismissed".