North East Wales

Child and man rescued from fire at Lyme Grove, Buckley

Lyme Grove, Buckley Image copyright Google

A man and a four-year-old child had to be rescued by firefighters after a blaze at their home in Flintshire.

Neighbours were alerted by a smoke alarm going off at Lyme Grove, Buckley, and called emergency services.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters rescued the child who was at the top of the stairs. The 24-year-old man was led to safety.

A fire service spokesperson said the incident, a chip pan fire, could have had "severe consequences".

The pair were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene following the callout just after midnight.