North West Wales

Benjamin Screen and children discharged from hospital

Benjamin and Tracy Screen
Image caption Benjamin and Tracy Screen had been camping with their son and daughter

The husband and two children of a woman who died after the family was overcome by fumes in their tent have been discharged from hospital.

Tracy Screen, 34, from Chesterfield, Derbyshire, died at a Gwynedd campsite on Monday during a camping holiday.

Doctors at Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor gave the all-clear for her husband, Benjamin, and son, seven, and daughter, four, to be discharged on Wednesday.

In a statement, Mr Screen, described his wife as a "wonderful mother".

It is believed the family, who had arrived at the site on Saturday, were overcome by fumes caused by a barbecue in or near their tent.

North Wales Police are not treating the death at Gyrn Goch, between Pwllheli and Caernarfon, as suspicious.

An inquest has been opened and adjourned.

In his statement, Mr Screen has said his wife was a "wonderful mother to two amazing children who have got to come to terms with this horrible, horrific accident".

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites