Darkness stops search for boy, 12, in sea off Anglesey
A search for a 12-year-old boy who was swept into the sea off Anglesey has been called off overnight due to the darkness.
An air and sea search by RNLI and helicopter crews was stood down after a day's search at Aberffraw.
It is understood two boys had been playing in the water when they got into difficulty and relatives tried to rescue them.
Visibility was described as "horrendous" with rough seas on Friday.
Anglesey coastguard manager Dave Brewer said it was understood the father of one of the boys managed to grab him while the grandfather tried to grab the other child.
He said: "The grandfather went in to rescue the other lad and a wave swept over. He managed to grab the rocks but lost grip of the child that is missing."
Trearddur Bay RNLI volunteers launched a lifeboat within three minutes of the alarm being raised and Porthdinllaen all-weather lifeboat crew launched shortly after to assist in the search.
A third lifeboat from Holyhead was sent to join the search at 14:40 BST.
Holyhead coastguard received a 999 call at about 12:30 BST reporting that three people were stuck on rocks in the estuary.
Several coastguard teams have been involved in the search which included a rescue helicopter from RAF Valley on Anglesey, and helicopter crews from North Wales Police and the Air Ambulance.
Holyhead Coastguards said two coastguard rescue teams from Holyhead and Rhosneigr were continuing a shoreline search for the missing boy on Friday at 20:00 BST,