HMS Conway immortalised in window on Bangor pier
A ship that housed a naval school before being wrecked more than 60 years ago has been immortalised in glass at the end of Bangor pier, Gwynedd.
HMS Conway was moored at Glyn Garth off Bangor and then Plas Newydd on Anglesey before it ran aground in 1953 while being towed for repair work.
Former cadets who trained on the ship paraded alongside sea cadets from Liverpool, Conwy and Holyhead.
The window, created by Jayne Ford, was unveiled by Lord Rupert Paget.