Lightning strike: Two injured in Pontprennau, Cardiff
Two people have been injured after a lightning strike at a house in Cardiff.
The ambulance service said it treated one person for a suspected electric shock and another for hearing damage in the Pontprennau area.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews to the semi-detached property in Gateside Close shortly before 14:25 BST on Wednesday.
The curtains of the house caught alight in the strike, which is also thought to have damaged electrical circuits.
Both injured people were treated at the scene and did not need to go to hospital.
Mannan Haq said he got an electric shock when he plugged in a USB stick into his TV but had been unaware of any storm beforehand.
"Excuse the pun, I was in shock," he told BBC Wales.
"I was on the floor and was pretty dazed for five to 10 minutes and my right arm was very numb."
"As soon as it happened we heard the thunder itself."
The fire service said the fire was out by the time the crews arrived.
Officials from an electricity company are at the address.