Sickness bug hits 110 Monmouthshire school pupils
- 21 February 2013
- From the section South East Wales
More than a hundred children and staff at a Monmouthshire primary school have been taken ill by a stomach bug.
The Dell School in Chepstow was forced to asked parents to collect children on Thursday because of the high level of sickness.
In total, 110 pupils and 15 staff have been hit by the outbreak of gastroenteritis.
Monmouthshire council said classrooms at the school were now undergoing a 'deep-clean' before the school reopens.
Tests are also being carried out at the school, to identify if the winter sickness bug norovirus is responsible for the infections.
School officials are also asking parents to keep their children home if they have been ill in the last 48 hours.
The school staff said The Dell would reopen at 10:00 GMT on Friday after the precautionary deep-clean of classrooms was completed.