French travellers leave Royal Gwent hospital car park
French travellers have left a hospital car park they have occupied since Saturday, blocking spaces reserved for medical staff.
The travellers were warned to move from the Royal Gwent in Newport by Tuesday or face legal action.
However, some of the 13 caravans remained - and it was only at about 16:00 BST on Wednesday that a procession of vehicles began leaving.
One traveller told BBC Wales they had been waiting for a car to be fixed.
The travellers, who said they were en route to a funeral, arrived at the 300-space car park on Saturday, taking up 65 spaces.'Legal proceedings'
Surgeons, doctors and nurses were turned away from the car park on Monday, but a hospital spokesman said patient services had not been disrupted.
After the 16:00 BST deadline passed on Tuesday, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board, which runs the hospital, said it was passing the matter to their legal department.
However, hospital security staff remained in place at the car park monitoring the situation until the vehicles began to leave on Wednesday afternoon.
A hospital spokesman overseeing the travellers as they left said: "It is good news that the situation has been dealt with peaceably."
One of the travellers, Ringo Gogan, earlier told the BBC the convoy stopped in the hospital car park on Saturday because of a problem with a vehicle and were waiting for it to be repaired before leaving for France.