Wood-burning stove explodes at Newport house

A wood-burning stove has exploded at a house in Newport leaving one person needing hospital treatment.

Firefighters were called to the house in Malpas Road in Brynglas just after 19:00 GMT on Monday.

The explosion, which happened on the ground floor of a terraced house, did not cause a fire.

The injured person was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to the Royal Gwent Hospital as a precautionary measure.

More on This Story

From other news sites

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC South East Wales

Weather

Cardiff

Min. Night 7 °C

Features & Analysis

  • French luxury Tea House, Mariage Freres display of tea pots Tea for tu

    France falls back in love with tea - but don't expect a British cuppa


  • Woman in swimming pool Green stuff

    The element that makes a familiar smell when mixed with urine


  • Female model's bottom in leopard skin trousers as she walks up the catwalkBum deal

    Why budget buttock ops can be bad for your health


  • Music hackathonMusic hackers

    Sleep-deprived coders enjoy an epic adventure


Elsewhere on the BBC

  • ITChild's play

    It's never been easier for small businesses to get their message out to the world

Programmes

  • Tuna and avacadoThe Travel Show Watch

    Is Tokyo set to become the world's gourmet capital?

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.