South East Wales

Woman in hospital after suspected gas leak in Bargoed

A woman has been taken to hospital with possible carbon monoxide poisoning after a suspected gas leak at a house in Bargoed, Caerphilly county.

South Wales Fire and Rescue Service also said two parrots were found dead at the home in Park Drive.

A local crew and an ambulance went to the scene just before 19:30 GMT after a carbon monoxide alarm was activated.

The gas supply was shut off when they arrived and a woman was taken to hospital.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites