House fire after owner set spider alight

House spider The spider was spotted on the window sill in the house

A homeowner who killed a spider by setting it alight had to call 999 after her house caught fire.

The woman had called a relative for help to remove a spider from her home in Kenfig Hill, Bridgend.

They first tried to kill the spider by spraying it with an aerosol and then they set it on fire.

But as they did so, the house caught alight. In a tweet, South Wales Fire Service warned others not to remove spiders using "lit aerosols".

No people were hurt in the incident.

More on This Story

BBC South East Wales

Weather

Cardiff

Min. Night 10 °C

Features & Analysis

Elsewhere on the BBC

  • GeoguessrWhere in the world...?

    Think you are a geography expert? Test your knowledge with BBC Travel’s interactive game

Programmes

  • StudentsClick Watch

    Could a new social network help tailor lessons to students’ needs and spot when they fall behind?

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.