Grass fires: Two boys, 15, arrested following Newport blaze
Two 15-year-old boys from Newport have become the latest arrests on suspicion of arson following grass fires.
Both have been released on police bail pending further inquiries into the fire in the Gaer area on 20 April.
Assistant Chief Fire Officer Andrew Thomas, from the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service, said there had been more arrests in the last 10 days than in the last four years.
Officers attended 1,400 grass fires in March and April.
There have been been 24 arrests in the past fortnight.
Speaking on BBC's Good Morning Wales, Mr Thomas confirmed the fire service is also considering using drones to help catch arsonists.
He said the aerial cameras have been tested and could be used in the future.
A grass fires summit in Cardiff on Wednesday heard community patrols and CCTV would be used to detect arsonists.
Crimestoppers has also offered £5,000 for information on the fire-starters.