South East Wales

Cardiff city centre bus fire causes plumes of smoke

Bus fire in Cardiff

Firefighters have put out a fire on a bus in the centre of Cardiff, which has caused part of a main road to be blocked.

Crews were called to Castle Street, near the Angel Hotel, at 20:35 BST and the blaze was under control by 21:15.

South Wales fire service said there were no passengers on board at the time and nobody was injured.

The fire caused plumes of black smoke, with Castle Street partially blocked at its junction with Westgate Street.

The fire service said the cause was accidental.

Media playback is unsupported on your device
Media captionThe bus fire caused plumes of smoke
Image copyright Twitter/ Chris Proctor
Image copyright Twitter/ @ladyriona