Fire destroys Four Seasons club in Llansamlet, Swansea
A fire has destroyed an unoccupied social club in Llansamlet, Swansea.
Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called to the Four Seasons building in Trallwn Road at 03:57 BST on Saturday.
Six fire engines were sent to fight the blaze, and two crews are still damping down there later on Saturday morning.
In August 2010 up to 3,000 cannabis plants which police said had a street value of £1m were found in the club.
At the time, police executed a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
They discovered that the main function room together with a number of side rooms at the club housed a fully-functioning cannabis plantation with 2,500 to 3,000 plants.
Local councillor June Evans said she was shocked to hear about the blaze.
"It has been left derelict and there was a concern that something would happen."
The building is owned by Swansea council, but was leased out, she said.
"I'm really sorry for what's happened, because I had thought it could have been used for something else," she added.
A spokesman for South Wales Police said the fire was still smouldering late on Saturday morning.
"The building is unsafe and whilst photos have been taken, no further forensic examination will be undertaken at the moment to ascertain if the fire was deliberate or not, due to the condition of the building," the spokesman added.